Sunday, April 13, 2008

Amazing Grace

It's interesting to know, bits and bits of us, we a product of things that happened to us, especially things that left a big scar, or left a big memories in us, or things that were so important to us that is not a constant reminder to us to not to walk back to the same road that led us to pain and so to say, suffering before.

If we think carefully, the way we talk, the way we react to things, the way we deal with things, somehow, some, reflect or the consequences, or the results as to those memories that were placed in the bad memory store room in our heart. Memories, good or bad, somehow, made who we are today.

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

Of course, the good ones, we keep. But the bad ones, those that left us "empty" months, those that made us cry every time someone close give us that look, those memories after months still fresh in our mind, the grudges especially, bad relationships and fights, left quite a significant mark, depends on the depth of those marks, depends on how serious was it, depending on how hurt we were.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

And because of all that happened, you told yourself, constantly, i will not this and i will not that. But after being soaked into the matter for so long, so much that we thought we're so hurt that we kept telling ourself, it's okay, let the time heal everything. We were overwhelmed by all the things that had happened, that whenever people share their experiences, we think that, oh well, you're not in my shoe, you'll never understand.

Somehow, part of me, who I am today, is what I've told myself, after the hurts and the bad memories, be it things that happened to me, or things that happened around me. And, it's holding me back, to things beyond my thinking, beyond what I have now.

My Chains are gone,
I've been set free,
My God My Saviour,
has ransomed me.
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace.

Today, in the church. Ps Andy did the prayer for closing after the worship. I was touched by what he asked. "Do you have anything that hold you back? The Chain that is holding you back?"

2 weeks after Easter, normally, weeks after Easter then only I really realise what Easter is all about. Every year of Easter, I receive different kind of blessings. And this year, i know, my chains are gone. set free by Christ dying on the cross for our sins.

Is there anything holding you back? let it resurrect together with Jesus Christ! Amen!

(just try to understand what i say. i type out whatever is in mind. in the midst of exam and believe that, i need to share this. God bless! Have a blessed weekend!)

(song by Chris Tomlin, Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone))

No comments: