Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Being Enthusiastic

Just the other day, the 3 of us were talking about our childhood and all the things that we do besides attending schools and tuition. How coincidentally, the 3 of us plays the piano since young, and all the sudden, looking back at what I've went through to get where I am now, really, amazes me.

Well, we were all forced to learn the piano (sorry mom!). I remember me and bro used to hate saturdays cause we have piano classes on that day. And how we prayed and hoped that it rained every saturday so that we don't get to go classes (my piano teacher's place easily get flooded..hihihihi).

The preparation for the exams were tedious. I'm so totally can connect with what they were saying about the process of practising the scales, major and minor code. And I was like, hey, I'm really not alone. Everyone felt the same. Not only me. From the practicing and to the preparation to exam and on the exam day itself and during the examination, while facing the examiner. We all had felt the same. And probably this is the first time i was so enthusiastic and passionate in talking about what I know or my interest (the 2 girls were more excited in telling their experience, and their face glow with neon lights or fluorescent lights or something :P).

And we all hold the same pride of skipping a few classes at school just to go for practical examination and everyone will just stare at you, when we walk into the school late and still be proud of it, as if we have some kind of immunity or privilege.

Well, it's been a long time I'm not passionate about something. I miss the satisfaction of playing long pages of scripts, and the satisfaction of passing one grade and move to next, the satisfaction of learning a few pages long of songs or even the sonata. Or even the satisfaction of being able to swim 10 laps of olympic size swimming pool (I used to...). Or drawing something on a full size drawing block (I used to be good in oil pastel... used to). I miss being passionate about something..

Yea, I bought a violin and i thought i can share the same passion that i can in piano, but, urggh, i just hate the process. of learning from scratch. I wish i can play straight some really nice and long pieces, like canon or something.

I am still searching for it. ANd now, my passion is on books. -____- particularly on clp books.

No comments: