Sunday, March 29, 2009

The hOUr

At first I thought I want to go somewhere to have dinner with candle lights, but our beloved lecturer (beloved cause he jokes and let us go earlier) let us go at 6pm instead of 7pm. So we went to Nando's. Just as we expected, they will switch off the lights at 8.30pm and use candles.



So we ate, while the lights were on. We cabut right before 8pm, and we all rushed back home as we have further plans. Daph planned to go shopping with her brother and Siew Li and Me rushed back to enjoy the hour. So I drove home like mad driver, cause I want to switch ON the lights so that I get to switch them off at the strike of 8.30pm. Just in time, 5 minutes before 8.30pm, I arrived home and turn on all lights. Just to mark the hour. Hurriedly i prepare my phone to video the KLCC and KL tower switch off their lights and went to hunt for candle.


So, everything was switched off and I lighten up the candles, placed them at the balcony and enjoy the moment. I didn't switch on anything, except for my freezer still on. and also radio. So, the hour without facing the computer, I tidied the house a bit in the dark and the rest of the time, I was busy lighting up the candles which went off by the wind.


So, what is the significance? I dunno. Just to let people know that I'm aware of the Hour. And I believe, the awareness towards saving the earth can start by switching off the lights for an hour. Although it doesn't save so much of the electric, but it creates the awareness among people.

Right... I need to go to sleep. 5 hours lecture again tomorrow. Long Day. I had great time today. Thanks people! Nights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe me too have good time with u girls !