Thursday, December 28, 2006

Goodbye 2006

(as agreed, it's a sort of an obligatory post)

It has been a great year full with blessings showered upon me and family. Well, to count the blessings, really gonna be a long list.

As usual, when it's the beginning of the year, we tend to reflect and ponder, what do we want to achieve this year, what's our target and goal for this year, what we want to do to improve ourselves better that last year. And I started this year, rather, with feelings of lost. After graduated and attended my graduation ceremony, most of my peers had started work, but as for me, thou i'm much clear about what I want to do for the next 5 years, but it seems like it's still not clear yet. Everyone else is holding their own certificate, looking for a job and here I am, looking at my own certificate, seems loss. But however lost I am, I still hang in and perserve. And, I passed my Year 1 LLB. Praise God.

And part of the highlight of the year, my ex-cell leader, Milia got married. Yea, needed sometime to get used to it. Okay, not a possessive person, but rather a steady person that doesn't like changes. I used to stay over at her place in the weekends. From a girl who is comfortable enough to have herself in her own world, doesn't have a sense of belonging even to the cell that I always hang out with to a pretty babbly girl that can talk a lot, and have a confidence in herself when meeting with new people. Well, thanks to this kajie of mine, I've learnt a lot from her. Well well, thou have family already.. but still, need to take care of her little ones... like me :)

Out of the daily routine that i had other than studying and holiday break, I had a chance to do attachment in law firm. Learnt a lot, seen a lot. Was placed under lawyers who do litigation, almost everyday I exchange news and things that i learn with Addy, who did her attachment in a conveyancing firm. And just working for 2 months, I knew quite a lot of lawyers, which don't think a lot of them still remember me. And ya, added a working experience into my resume. *smile*

After requesting (read: begging) for 2 years, at last, dad had me joined a tour. Well, not so far, China. Had a great time there, thou the schedule was so pack. At night when we arrived the hotel, I just brush my teeth and wash my face. I didn't even change and straight slip into the bed, still wearing the same shirt and pants that i wore out the whole day. blek. Not sharing bed, so, no one is disgusted. hahaha.

So much about my life, so much of I've shared with others, I couldn't help but to say a thank you list to everyone that i can recall. Not gonna mention names one by one to say thank you, as we don't have to wait till thanks giving day to say thank you, or valentine's day to show our love.

As long as it last in my mind, I will always remember how you sms me during the weekends, asking me how have i been doing and telling me I'm always in your mind, though i'm going to see you in the next couple of days. Deep inside, I felt so much loved, as how detailed you are, taking care of me when I'm down with fever. And thou we don't talk when we're just 2 metres away, but I'm always touched with your sms asking how am I today. thank you.

I will always remember how the way u tease me, with sarcastic jokes and lame replies. And how you call every night during exam and being the first one to call after i finish each paper, has been a great encouragement to me. And I felt so loved, with having you to stop everything that you're doing, just to listen to whatever that is bothering me. Thank you so much, for the friendship that we have, that once my heart was so cold thinking of all the problems that is bothering me, thinking of you makes my heart warm. thank you.

I still remember, the 'how are you' that u ask each time we have a chance to talk. Nonsense or craps, happy or sad, long or short, you are there to listen. It really matters a lot, that u care to know, and things seems to cool down, just hearing u say 'how are you'. And i still remember, how you look for me at night when my phone die off and you thought something is wrong with me. With the amount of missed call, normally people will go "where have u been? Do u know i've been calling u so many times??!". But you, "are you okay? call me whenever u feel like talking, no matter how late". Through thick and thin we survive, I believe, we will be stronger. thank you.

People has been saying, only the ones the is much more experience can advice the younger ones, but not for me. I always remember, how you point at my head, telling me not to think so much. It just encourages me, not to fall but to stand stronger, as you are there, for me, even though you don't talk much. And you being sweet all the time, making me felt so much loved. And i always remember, those sms-es that we exchanged after we said goodbye. Especially the ones that i had during my long journey back home, your sms-es warmth me, reduced the scary thoughts in my head. thank you.

I also remember, how we had been, from being just friends to how we can read our minds. You always put yourself in my shoe, thinking and replies to my grumbles and dissatisfaction with the maturity that sometimes i couldn't believe it. You are there for me, giving the unbelievable advice and encouragement, when you can't even help yourself, and here you are, holding me when i almost fall. And how much you're amaze about me, I am too, amaze by you. And, because of you, I walk a step further, climb a step higher. Thank you.

Thanks much too for the prayers, the supports and encouragement. And also the ever ready inbox waiting for me to flood in whenever I need someone to pour out. I felt so loved, just you being detailed to ask, what happen to me and who bullied me when u saw me in a bad shape, or when i just have a bad hair day.

To mom and dad, sebas and jerry.

To all of you.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*Am currently commenting in tears*

Been through thick and thin, at the end of the day, you're still around, regardless of the hardships & scournful remarks. Thanks for everything, darling. Never had a real chance to tell you how glad I am to have found a sister like you but I know deep down we share a mutual understandings of how much we mean to each other.

So much fun, joy & tears that we shared in year 2006. And 2007 is going to be a better one!!

ps: still love you all the same.