Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Learning to survive...

Today after i sent Anson and Addy to the LRT station, I came out of the station and headed way home. Tried several times trying to cut into the right lane so that I wouldn't miss the traffic light, at last, feeling restless, i waited till i let that particular car passed, then only I drove into the rank behind that car. Then only I noticed that it was a car much more smaller than mine, and there were youngsters behind the car.

Wanting to survive?

It reminded me of one of the day during last holiday, i was on the way to work. I remembered I wanted to go to the left lane and i had put on the signal light. But car from behind drove so fast and honk at me. Mind u, it was jam at that time but that particular lane is quite empty. So, i just let him passed and then only i cut in, drove along behind him. Well, he drove a hilux, with so many hello kitty stickers behind. Then only i realised, his kids where behind his car. later i saw him sent the kids to the pre-school which was located along the way to work.

By squeezing and ignoring people?

Question. Does parents need to "behave well" as to give a good example to their children/kids? Well, the 2 incident above weren't that bad, as i also drove quite fast but honk only when people drives carelessly. So.. can be accepted. i also drive like crazy, but not so crazy.

Or it's just the world....

I was one of the first person in the queue while waiting for the Disney Theatre in Hong Kong Disneyland 2 weeks ago. While waiting, I was chatting with my malaysian friend there with putong hua (Malaysian call it Mandarin or the Chinese call it Chinese Language). Suddenly the Aunty next to me shouted at me "
Your backpack is scratching me. Can u stand aside or put your bag somewhere else like on top of the garbage bin *while pointing at me* next to you???!!!". She said in mandarin also. Maybe she heard me speaking mandarin. I was like... 0_o. i was thinking, wasn't that because she stand so near to me that my backpack touches/scratches her. It's practically like, when u can't sh*t, u blame it on the gravity. I stand up straight, looking back at her. then i start speaking English with my friend, asked her whether does Hongkies look down on people from Mainland China (Maybe not all Hongkies, but particularly this one that i'm facing, yes, i was discriminated by her...). Yea she said, and i guess, i does look like the girl from Mainland. Well, i start scolding her in Cantonese, not directly, but i say "when u stand so near to people, complained that people stinks and ask people to bugger off?" and also "when your sh*t doesn't come out, and u blame it on the gravity???!!!". She heard it, and knew that i'm pissed. She complained to her fellow kids in silent mode.

later... we saw the senior citizens with wheel chair were placed just outside the door of the theatre. Well, they have the priority, as the chinese saying said, the senior citizens are treasures in the family. Well...

one of the kid....yelled.....
"why they are people in wheelchair??? why they were ahead in front??? why they let them cut the queue and wait in front of all of us???"

and the workers of the Disneyland let them in first with their family.....

the kid continued....
"next time, i want to come with wheels also... then they will let me in first!"

it was so loud and i just gave my friend that look. that look that tells "like father like son". or the malay saying 'macam mana acuannya, begitu lah kuihnya'. or the chinese saying 'shang liang bu zhen, xia liang wai'.

Well, the mother didn't care to explain and continued waiting. Once the gate is open for us visitors, she and 4 kids run so fast in and I saw, they sat at the 6th or 7th row. me and friend, 2nd Row. God Is good!

... that makes us deal with daily life with our own ways, our very own way.....

i bet, that mother and family went through difficulties in life, and they learnt to survive in the society full of materialistic and individualistic minded people. Of course, i'm not saying, not everyone are self-centred enough to care-less about people around them but making themselves the highest priority without thinking of the love and peace of mankind. Oh, not so about being the hero of the world but just to people around you, family and friends.

... by stepping on others, while climbing up your life?

I remembered during one of my major examinations in my previous degree. I arrived 30 minutes earlier, bumped to my fellow course mates. Saw them discussing about answers to some questions, that they claimed, it was tips for the examination. I was stunt. I've never seen those questions before, so I asked, why i didn't get those questions. Friend said, they've passed one copy to A, a friend of mine who stays in the same taman as me. much of still stunt and angry, i went and asked A. I forgot, A said. Maybe, yea, A just forgot about it.

Well, does surviving in the society is so hard that we need to step on others so that we survive? Do competitions among people doesn't care whether it's a healthy competition or cheat, as long as we did win that competition. Or then, it doesn't create competition then. Why not just Pay whoever incharge with whatever amount, then u definately survive through happily without going through the hard pain and toil, and stress and sleepless night. Do we have to polish bosses' shoe and talk bad about colleagues who are in the same position of job as you to get promoted? Do we have to wear so many masks around with bad intention, trying to get yourself outshine one day and be promoted? Alright, take it that we get promoted not because of our capability in work but the ability in 'polishing shoes' and being the best 'criticizer' in the company. Slowly you'll get demoted because your head is not big enough for the hat given to wear. Do we have to go around spreading rumours, talk bad about other people so that it seems to people that you are some innocent fella and so that u look good in others' eyes? Or u just have nothing else to talk about but gossips.... or u just lack of confidence?

Again, we're talking about competition and challenges. Not so wide prospect, but just taking the analogy of climbing up the mountain. Do we need to put insects around people's path so that people will drop down a few stairs so that it seems that we're a bit higher in position than other people? Or we do some work on the rope they're using, that they drop down so fast, so that we look so high as compare to them? But why not, do it healthy way, encourage each other, push each other hard, offer a hand when people is tired or fall and pull each other up so that you yourself also reach a higher level, higher than u expected. Just like talking bad about others, putting on several masks, being self-centred and etc will not only put you on the position where u are, or maybe u manage to go up a few steps further, but not so outshine the best out of you.

yea, u might say, the society is complicated. People became so complicated that we have to learn to survive. and no matter what/how it takes, good or bad, you take it to survive. Well, i can only say, it's your life that matters. not mine. what legacy do u want to leave to your kids, what testimonial u want to have when u leave the world? or u want to leave treasures of assets and properties but not leaving a legacy that your children also may survive without mountains of cash or maybe u will say, hey.. too far to think of, enjoy your life right now. yea, but, I also never knew that, politics not only exist in offices, but also classroom, which makes it classroom politics. Not so about which gang of friend that is worth joining or which gang of friend is the coolest in the class and college. But, just rumours, boycotts, words that doesn't build up but tear down people, prejudice, making fun, poking people from back and etc u name it. Well, I admit that I too do gossip sometimes but i don't spread rumours that tear down people, I don't make fun of people, I don't go boycott some girl or poking other people's back. For everyone is born with good and flaws, we are not perfect.

All i can say, learn to love yourself. Mouth is not used for bad gossips about people but express words that build up people. Okay, i do look like speaker for humanity now. But, spreading what is untrue without concreate reasoning seems a rumours and gossips to me which will make the spreador look terrible and the spreadee still live happily, adding on a good laugh upon hearing the rumours. Well, am i tired listening or knowing all the rumours around me, whether or not it's about me? Oh no, I'm fine with it.

Learning to survive? No, I say, learn to love yourself first. Don't have to talk bad about others so that u look good in others' eyes. Having less confidence in yourself thus making fun of others? Well, people won't look down on you unless u first look down on yourself. I'm okay with all the incidents/experiences i mentioned above. I remembered them so that it reminds me of how i should be to become a better person tomorrow.

I love you for who u are, not what u have.
So, love yourself too
and
start to see
the nicer/brighter colour of other people.


okay... 1.17am... got to go.. God bless u, readers!

No comments: