Thursday, July 06, 2006

Being lawyer and Me

Recently, after being known to people that i'm doing law degree now, people first give me that look. That look that puts in the perception that all lawyers are sly, law twister, criminal's best friend and so on and I'm one of them, or in future would be like one of them. And often when I try to argue back and defence whatever accusation/matter that is throw onto me, even those that is not law related or just a daily life conversation or conflicts or arguments or whatsoever, the argument will end up with 'ya larh, she's a future lawyer. She talks and argues better than us, of course we lost in speech'. I once told my brother, people will see him as a saint or whatever good adjectives that you use to describe a person as he is a doctor, and me, would be described the other way round. Of course, usually, I just listen and let it pass. Not because i'm a loser, but just that i see no point arguing with these people.

I believe, if there are bad ones, there are also the good ones.... of course, I cannot be like Justice Pao, upholding the justice no matter how, but at least, we can help to reduce the burden that they have and to solve the dispute that they're involved in. As throughout the time of exposure to the real world during attachment while inbetween the summer break of the law degree course, i believe it really open up our mind and eyes, into how the world really works. Not to be shaken by it, we still tend to resist it and stand on our own belief that, hey, fair and just is still exist. Other than resisting on what is against our belief and life principles that has been in us guided by our parents since young, we continue on to stand firm on what we believe in and how we ought to act. Right now, while not in practise and seeing those who is in practise, we tend to pick and choose, how we want ourselves to act when we're in practise, how we want to live our way in practise. Some people say, you'll never know until that stack of money is in front of you, waiting for you to take it.. just like that, and whatever you say now, it doesn't matter until the moment you experience it yourself. Seriously, I'm not sure about it, I'm not sure whether i can stand the temptation when i'm thrown with huge stack of money, cause i've never experienced it. But right now, what I believe, what I stand and i still live on with that principle, that I shall live my life in Light, and not in Darkness. Although i don't know how would it be tomorrow, how life would be, and no one can guarantee, whether will still be the same person as I am now, in 10 years time, but right now, while I have my conscious clear, while I am still not out in the society yet and under my parents protection, i should have build my foundation firm. Just like the building, the foundation of the building is the most important one. But allow me to say, that, in future, if i am about to walk to the darkness, my fellow friends, especially my future partners, you can smack me hard, to kick me out of my unconsciousness (those who wants to take advantages/take revenge on me, can smack me real hard.... like think of how i used to bully you, and smack me.. but please... not on my face.. hahaha).

A pastor once told us about his experience, while he was in UK, practising as a doctor. Being an Asian, especially Malaysian, it was really hard to get into employment in UK. And after several months applying and attending interviews, at last, pastor was employed at one of the hospital. Happily he accepted it, he started working. just a few months, barely 3 months, there was a case of abortion that was passed to him. He rejected it, stand firm, still reject until he was asked to meet the director of the hospital. Still stand firm with what pastor believes, he rejected the case in front of the director. The director was amazed, with pastor, and went down to the ward and conducted the abortion himself. From that day onwards, any abortion case, is directed straight to the director.

"My dear children, you come from God and belong to God.
You have already won a big victory over those false teachers,
for the Spirit in you is far stronger than anything in the world." The Message, 1 John 4:4


Some people will say, no one can stand the temptation. No one is even perfect. Some will fall into darkness and fall greater and they still stand strong, as in strong in money. But how about the value that you have, the integrity and principle that you live on. Money won't last after all. What kind of legacy do u want to leave to your children when u leave the world? Money or value? Some people might say, hey.. everyone else is doing it, why not you?

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
NIV, Romans 12:2


I still believe, Heaven has eyes, that He is in control.
For this is what i belief and what I'm live on.
I've done mistake too, I've learnt too, and I'm still learning.

No comments: