Saturday, October 14, 2006

Trust

Do I dare to hold the Father's hand
Not knowing where this path will end
Believing He can truly see
Through all these haze that's blinding me
Will I really trust the words He says
Though they seem unreal when I look ahead
And will I let Him set me free
From the folly of trying to trust in me

excerpts from Joshua Harris, I kissed Dating Goodbye

How many times we are so bothered thinking about what will happen tomorrow, or a week later, or next month, or what are we going to do in 5 years time. And it seems like we're in a tunnel, dark and nowhere to go, nowhere to run and it's dark. All we can do is keep walking, walking and walking, deep inside our heart, we know there's something there. After thinking and thinking, often we ended up frustrated, or scared or even insecured by not knowing about our future.

Or often that our plan didn't turn out well, or we screw things up after planning it for weeks or months, or sometimes when we put so much effort on it, it didn't turn to just like what we expected. And all this questions of why and why and why keep on coming to you, from yourself and from people around you. And you think that the world is so unfair to you.

I guess, there's no answer to everything. often we wanted to control and decide things base on our own understanding but our ability seems so small. It is small. But, i just know, I've placed my trust in Him, knowing that I'm safe in Him. He is the way, the truth and life. My plan maybe good, but not the best, and I know, He has a greater plan for me. And I will continue, hold on to You.

No comments: